Women, Infant & Children (WIC)
You know that good nutrition is important; it's just not always easy. Sometimes working hard, caring and wanting the best for your children just isn't enough. That's where WIC can help. WIC is a nutrition education program which provides supplemental foods that promote good health. Our caring staff will put together an easy plan for better nutrition while you're pregnant and during a baby's early years; a plan that can possibly help save you some money, too.
Who is Eligible
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women
- Women who have a baby less than 6 months old
- Infants and children up to 5 years old
- Meet WIC income guidelines (PDF), NOTE: If you qualify for MA or MNCare which guidelines are higher you automatically qualify for WIC.
- If you or children receive food stamps, Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), Medical Assistance, MinnesotaCare (MNCARE) or Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act (TEFRA) of 1982 (this child only), you are financially income eligible for the WIC program.
- Have a medical or nutritional need
WIC Clinic Services Provided
WIC clinics provide a caring and supportive professional staff to offer you and your family:
- Nutrition information
- Special counseling for pregnant and nursing mothers
- Information about other community services available
- Healthy foods such as milk, cheese, cereal, juice, iron fortified infant formula, and more
Women and children in WIC are healthier!
- Pregnant and nursing WIC mothers eat better and have babies with healthier birth weights.
- Children on WIC eat foods which help them develop strong minds and bodies.
How to Participate
Take a few minutes to learn more about WIC or make an appointment. Just call 651-213-5206 if you live in Chisago County, Minnesota. If you live outside of Chisago County in Minnesota, call 1-888-234-1246. Our knowledgeable staff can get you all the information you need and it won't cost you a thing. What you have to gain is a healthier baby, healthier family, and healthier you.
If you meet the eligibility fill out a WIC Application Form (PDF). Your submitted application will be reviewed and a staff member will contact you between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Be sure to include your phone number (with area code) on the application, as well as a good time of day to contact you. If you are mailing in your application, send to:WIC:
Chisago County Public Health
6133 402nd Street
North Branch, MN 55056