Lake Improvement District
Chisago Lakes Lake Improvement District (LID) - November Meeting Information
The Chisago Lakes Lake Improvement District Board Meeting on Monday, November 2, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. will be held via a virtual webinar due to the State of Minnesota health pandemic and Governor’s Stay at Home Executive Order.
Instructions for residents or audience participants to attend the meeting via a web link, iphone or telephone are as follows.
1. Please Click Here to Join the Meeting.
2. iPhone one-tap:
US: +13017158592,,88199558124#,,,,,,0#,,647837# or +13126266799,,88199558124#,,,,,,0#,,647837#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 436 2866 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833
Webinar ID: 881 9955 8124
Residents wishing to provide public comment at the meeting may do so by telephone or electronic means.
Please contact Jerry Spetzman at 651-213-8383 or Susanna Wilson Witkowski at 651-213-8380 by 4:00 p.m. of the meeting date for further instructions.
The regularly scheduled Chisago Lakes Lake Improvement District (LID) Board meetings are held:
- 6:30 p.m.
- The 1st Monday of each month, unless that date is in conflict with a major holiday
- In those instances, the meetings will be held on the following Monday
- Chisago County Government Center, Room 150B in Center City
- 2020 LID Board Meeting Calendar (PDF)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are ready for review before the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Area 1: Mike Mergens Term: 2019 - 2023
- Area 2: Jill Behnke Term: 2018 - 2022
- Area 3: Margaret LeVassuer Term: 2020 - 2024
- Area 4: Steve Paquay Term: 2020 - 2024
- Area 5: Monica Kinny Term: 2017 - 2021
- At Large: Todd McBride Term: 2017 - 2021
- At Large: Gary Schumacher Term: 2019 - 2023
The mission of the Chisago Lakes Lake Improvement District is to restore, preserve, protect and enhance the water resources of the Chisago Lakes Chain of Lakes Watershed.
The goals of the Lake Improvement District are to:
- Preserve, protect and enhance water quality within the Chisago Lakes Chain of Lakes Watershed.
- Maintain the ditch and weir system in order to control water levels during high water events.
- Encourage environmentally sound land use practices for urban and agricultural areas to protect water quality within the Chisago Lakes Chain of Lakes Watershed.
- Support safe and balanced recreational use of surface water.
- Restore, improve and maintain navigation channels between the lakes.
- Protect, encourage and restore native shoreline to improve fish and wildlife habitat.
- Promote environmental education, awareness and stewardship within the Chisago Lakes Chain of Lakes Watershed.
- Promote the reduction of non-native aquatic invasive species.
Water Resource Management
The activities of the Lake Improvement District are guided by a Water Resource Management Plan (PDF). The plan includes the Mission, Goals, and Objectives of the LID. Each year the plan is reviewed and modified by the LID Board. The plan is used as a budgeting tool to prioritize the use of limited funding.
Lake Improvement District By-Laws
The Chisago Lakes Lake Improvement District was first established on April 21, 1976 by Resolution of the Chisago County Board of Commissioners and was reactivated by Resolution of the County Board on August 21, 1984.
The Chisago Lakes Chain of Lakes Watershed is about 10 miles long and 9.3 miles wide. Maps of the lakes are available below. The major lakes in the Chisago Lakes Chain of Lakes Watershed (PDF) are: