Drafting Real Estate Documents
In the public interest we refrain from giving legal advice and preparing documents. For your protection we observe this policy always. We strongly urge you to consult with your real estate attorney if you require this service.
Please refer to the State Wide Recording Fees Schedule. Other county Set Fees:
- Plain Copy - $1 per page
- Search and Send (mail, email or fax)
- $5 per document emailed
- $5 + $1 per page (max fee $10) per document mailed or faxed
Common Reasons Real Estate Documents are Returned
Most common reasons real estate documents are returned without recording:
- Document does not have a title.
- Grantor and/or Grantee names missing.
- Marital status omitted or unclear.
- The legal description is not consistent or is questionable when compared to records.
- Well information is missing from a transferring document.
- Delinquent real estate taxes due.
- Electronic Certificate of Real Estate Value (eCRV) number is missing from document or is not complete.
- Incorrect mortgage registration tax.
- The recording fee included is incorrect or combined with Auditor/Treasurer fees. Separate checks are required for Auditor/Treasurer and Recorder.
- Document is not signed.
- Document does not have original signatures.
- Notary acknowledgment is not complete - date missing, stamp or expiration date missing.
- The draftsman statement is missing or incomplete (full address is required).
- Name and address of where to mail future tax statements is not supplied.