Household Hazardous Waste
Household Hazardous Waste Facility
First Come First Served - No Appointment Necessary
Chisago County operates a permanent household hazardous waste facility in North Branch. In order to encourage safe disposal of your household hazardous waste, the facility is centrally located in:
- North Branch Industrial Park
39649 Grand Avenue
North Branch, MN
- From the intersection of State Highway 95 and County 30 in North Branch, go 1/2 mile north to Ash Street.
- Turn right and go east 3/10 mile to Grand Avenue.
- Turn left and go north to the 3rd building on the right. Look for the Chisago County HHWF sign.
As the operation of this facility is funded in part by the solid waste management fee, Chisago Co residents can participate at no charge, other county residents see below for more information.
Hours of Operation
- Mondays, excluding holidays, 12-7 p.m.
- Last Saturday of each month, 9 a.m -1 p.m.
Note: For loads larger than a full pickup truck, please call ahead and make an appointment, 651-213-8920.
- 2018 Household Hazardous Waste Summary Report (PDF)
- List of Items Accepted and Not Accepted
- Residents from other counties may participate on a "pass through" fee basis
ReUse Shelves Open By Appointment
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Chisago County Household Hazardous Waste Facility (HHWF) ReUse Shelves will be open by appointment only for the foreseeable future and will be operating under the following procedures:
- Appointments will be available every NON-Holiday Monday from Noon to 6:45 p.m.
- Time slots are limited to 15 minutes per appointment.
- You may only make one appointment each Monday.
- Only one person/couple is allowed per time slot.
- You must remain outside the facility until your scheduled time slot and the previous person has exited the facility.
- Please be courteous and exit the facility when your time slot has expired so the next person may enter the facility.
- All persons entering the facility MUST wear a mask. (You must provide your own.)
- You are limited to taking up to 10 items from the shelves per appointment.